WHO:Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T. is hosting its second annual Summer Blast POP-UP/FARMERS MARKET @ MARIS FARMS in Buckley, WA.
WHAT: The Farmer’s Market is a fundraising event for Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T., with all vendor fees going to the local nonprofit and helping support its cause of preserving farms by inspiring and financially supporting youth to pursue the agritainment industry and present-day farmers to supplement their commodity farm-driven revenues with non-traditional farming activities and events.
WHEN: The plan is for July 2nd and 3rd. Farmers Market vendor times are planned for noon to 7 pm. Vendors can set up from 9:00 – 11:30 am and break down after 7 pm. If/when setting up and/or breaking down, you must use your own cart or a Maris Farms wheelbarrow to load items and can use the area between the kids’ courtyard and corn room barn for access. A “vendors area load/unload” sign will be set up. Please click link to view the vendor load/unload area and where vendor booths will be set up.
WHERE: Maris Farms, 25001 Sumner-Buckley Hwy, Buckley WA 98321.
WHY: The intention of farmers market is to help raise funds for Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T. as well as promote experiential farming, aka agritainment/agritourism and the preservation of family farms. The Summer Blast at Maris Farms is a first-year event and will feature a competitive cornhole tournament (3 of them in fact) during the weekend, as well as a fabulous Patriotic Light Show at the end of the evening. Guests will also have the opportunity to compete in some “extra” competitions for prizes during their visit and enjoy many of the 3+ dozen activities throughout the farm, including the kids’ courtyard, the low ropes challenge course, human foos ball, trike racing course, tetherball, ziplines, jumping pillow, barnyard ball zone, conk the crow and an exciting new mega-huge slide! You’ll also enjoy a beautiful gift shop and plenty of food options as well as our expanded BARn to enjoy a cool refreshing beverage. Live music is still in the works, so stay tuned for an announcement on this!
- $30 per day for vendors to participate in the farmers market event with a 10X10 tent space at the fish/cow feeder (8 spaces available) and pumpkin scale areas (10-16 spaces available).
- $40 per day for vendors to participate in the farmers market event with a 10X10 tent space under the Maze Barn area (6 spaces available)
- Room for approx. 25-30 vendors
- $25 application fee
- Location of farmers market is smack dab in the middle of farm by the old cow feeder/fish pond, in the graveled area near the pumpkin scales AND inside the Maze Barn.
- Applications for interested vendors can be found at Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T. website (www.CelebrateHarvest.com) or Maris Farms website (www.MarisFarms.com) by no later than April 1, 2022.
- Vendor applications for those sampling/selling food items that are submitted less than 14 days before the market begins, will be subject to a late fee. The Health Department will not accept Farmers Market Vendor Applications from uninvited vendors.
- Food/Beverage vendors will be allowed to sample their products, but must do so per Pierce County Health Dept. rules/regulations/standards as it pertains to Covid-19 restrictions (you can call 253.649.1703 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
- Food/Beverage vendors will not be allowed to sell prepared-food products, but only in take-home format (pre-packaged and not consumable while on-site).
- Maris Farms gift shop, kettle corn stand, concession stands (Farmers GirLL, Smokehouse and Moody Cow) and beer/wine tent (called The BARn) will all be open.
- For information, contact Rachael Czerwonka at email@example.com or 253.569.7628.