WHO:Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T. is hosting its second annual Sunflower Days POP-UP/FARMERS MARKET @ MARIS FARMS in Buckley, WA.
WHAT: The Farmer’s Market is a fundraising event for Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T., with all vendor fees going to the local nonprofit and helping support its cause of preserving farms by inspiring and financially supporting youth to pursue the agritainment industry and present-day farmers to supplement their commodity farm-driven revenues with non-traditional farming activities and events.
WHEN: The plan is for July 23rd/24th, July 30th/August 1st and August 6th/7th. Farmers Market vendor times are planned for 10 am to 5 pm. Vendors can set up from 7:00 – 9:30 am and break down after 5 pm using vehicle. If/when setting up and/or breaking down, you must use your own cart or a Maris Farms wheelbarrow to load items and can use the area between the kids’ courtyard and corn room barn for access. A “vendors area load/unload” sign will be set up. Please click link to view the vendor load/unload area and where vendor booths will be set up.
WHERE: Maris Farms, 25001 Sumner-Buckley Hwy, Buckley WA 98321.
WHY: The intention of farmers market is to help raise funds for Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T. as well as promote experiential farming, aka agritainment/agritourism and the preservation of family farms. The Sunflower Days event is intended to offer another unique opportunity for friends and families to create memories while choosing their favorite Sunflower blooms, one of 12 varieties this year. Maris Farms will include many of the 3+ dozen activities throughout the farm, including the kids’ courtyard, the low ropes challenge course, human foos ball, trike racing course, tetherball, ziplines, jumping pillow, barnyard ball zone, conk the crow and an exciting new mega-huge slide! You’ll also enjoy a beautiful gift shop and plenty of food options as well as our expanded BARn to enjoy a cool refreshing beverage.
- $30 per day for vendors to participate in the farmers market event with a 10X10 tent space at the fish/cow feeder (8 spaces available) and pumpkin scale areas (10-16 spaces available).
- $40 per day for vendors to participate in the first-time farmers market event with a 10X10 tent space under the Maze Barn area (6 spaces available)
- Room for approx. 25-30 vendors
- $25 application fee
- Location of farmers market is smack dab in the middle of farm by the old cow feeder/fish pond, in the graveled area near the pumpkin scales AND inside the Maze Barn.
- Applications for interested vendors can be found at Celebrate H.A.R.V.E.S.T. website (www.CelebrateHarvest.com) or Maris Farms website (www.MarisFarms.com) by no later than April 1, 2022.
- Vendor applications for those sampling/selling food items that are submitted less than 14 days before the market begins, will be subject to a late fee. The Health Department will not accept Farmers Market Vendor Applications from uninvited vendors.
- Food/Beverage vendors will be allowed to sample their products, but must do so per Pierce County Health Dept. rules/regulations/standards as it pertains to Covid-19 restrictions (you can call 253.649.1703 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
- Food/Beverage vendors will not be allowed to sell prepared-food products, but only in take-home format (pre-packaged and not consumable while on-site).
- Maris Farms gift shop, kettle corn stand, concession stands (Farmers GirLL, Smokehouse and Moody Cow) and beer/wine tent (called The BARn) will all be open.
- Several acres and 12 varieties of Sunflowers planted at the farm, which should bloom mid to late July. The Sunflower fields will be for picture-taking only (no cutting of flowers allowed by visitors), but there will be some pre-cut/harvested Sunflowers available for sale at the field site itself as well as the Maris Farms exit.
- For information, contact Rachael Czerwonka at email@example.com or 253.569.7628.